Flushing Hydrants - September 19, 2017

  The City will be flushing hydrants September 27 & 28.   [more...]

Dawson City Council Meeting - September 15, 2017

There will be no second Dawson City Council meeting on 9-19-17. [more...]


Zoning Permits

The City of Dawson will strive to assist you with your construction project in an efficient and accountable manner. We  are responsible for permitting all construction.

Our zoning offical, Brent Powers,  is responsible for:Brent Powers - Zoning Official

  • Issuing building permits
  • Issuing fence permits
  • Issuing deck permits
  • Reviewing building plans


To obtain a permit for both residential and commercial uses, simply download the forms below or give us a call and we will be happy to provide you with the necessary forms.  If you have any questions whether or not a permit is needed, please contact City Hall.

Relevant Documents

Zoning Permit ( PDF / 29 KB )

Zoning Permit Grid ( PDF / 69 KB )

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the process for getting a building permit?

Take a moment to read all required information provided. Then print and fill out the building permit application form and return to city hall.  Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email.  We will be happy to help you.

What do I need to know when putting up a fence?

You must be within your property lines.  If you do not know where they are located, you are responsible for getting your property surveyed to find out.  All fences require a zoning permit.  Our zoning official will then come and view your property to see if any further requirements are needed.